By Mark Winkel
LARGO, MD -- Harford took its first steps this evening toward a fourth consecutive Maryland Juco Conference Tournament championship, defeating Allegany 130-40 in the quarterfinals at Novak Field House on the campus of host Prince George's Community College.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Fighting Owls started the game on a 15-0 run before the Trojans made their first basket, thanks to Ryan Holder collecting four steals in the opening three minutes.
- Alexis Moore scored 15 points in the first eight minutes in a career best quarter of play for the freshman forward. She went on to score 22 in the first half and finished with 31.
- The Fighting Owls went on a number of runs, including 29-0 midway through the first half, as Harford went into the break with a 74-16 lead.
- Joy Morton fell just a few rebounds short of a second consecutive triple-double, but did get a career high 12 assists to go along with 13 points and seven rebounds.
- Adrienne Jones scored 19 points with Shantel McCray-Cheeks added a double-double to the cause with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Allegany had a trio of double-digit scorers led by Symone Grant with 13, Daejiah Dayton with 12, and Jonae Bean with 11.
Harford will take on No. 4 seed Cecil College in the semifinals on Saturday at 2 p.m.